Upcoming Office Hours
- Friday, April 20
- 8 to 9 a.m. at One East Main, 1 East Main St. in Fremont;
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Daniel’s Restaurant, 55 E. South Ave. in Hesperia; and
- Noon to 1 p.m. in the Newaygo County Building, 1087 E. Newell St. in White Cloud.
- Monday, April 30
- 9 to 10 a.m. at the Irons Cafe, 5408 W. 10 Â½ Mile Road in Irons;
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Luther Library, 115 State St. in Luther; and
- Noon to 1 p.m. in the Board of Commissioners room at the Lake County office, 800 10th in Baldwin.
State Representative Scott VanSingel was first elected in November 2016 to the Michigan House to represent the people of the 100th District, which includes Lake, Oceana and Newaygo counties.
Scott is a proud graduate of Grant High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University with majors in Finance and Accounting. In 2011, he earned his Master’s in Business from Cornerstone University.
Scott has worked in public accounting for the world’s largest CPA firm. He later went on to work as a Financial Analyst for Dematic in Grand Rapids. During this time, he started a successful rental real estate company.
Scott has been active in the community serving as a deacon for several years at Grant Reformed Church, treasurer of the Newaygo Co. Republican Party, member and volunteer for various conservation groups, scholarship committee volunteer, and participant in numerous mission trips to Central America. Scott has also served as treasurer of numerous organizations, and is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association.