Upcoming Office Hours – May and June 2017
- Monday, May 22
- 7:30 to 9 a.m. at Daniels Restaurant, 55 E. South Ave. in Hesperia;
- 10 to 11 a.m. at One East Main, 1 E. Main St. in Fremont;
- Noon to 1 p.m. at Newaygo County Building, Board of Commissioners room, 1087 Newell St. in White Cloud;
- Monday, June 5
- 9 to 10 a.m. at Iron’s Café, 5408 W. 10 1/2 Mile Road in Irons;
- 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Luther Area Public Library, 115 State St. in Luther;
- Noon to 1 p.m. at Lake County Building, Board of Commissioners room, 800 Tenth St. in Baldwin;
- Friday, June 30
- 8 to 9:30 a.m. at The Pink Elephant, 207 S. State St. in Hart;
- 10 to 11 a.m. at Good Stuffs, 111 S. Hancock St. in Pentwater; and
- Noon to 1 p.m. at The Brown Bear, 147 Michigan Ave. in Shelby.
State Representative Scott VanSingel was first elected in November 2016 to the Michigan House to represent the people of the 100th District, which includes Lake, Oceana and Newaygo counties.
Scott is a proud graduate of Grant High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Central Michigan University with majors in Finance and Accounting. In 2011, he earned his Master’s in Business from Cornerstone University.
Scott has worked in public accounting for the world’s largest CPA firm. He later went on to work as a Financial Analyst for Dematic in Grand Rapids. During this time, he started a successful rental real estate company.
Scott has been active in the community serving as a deacon for several years at Grant Reformed Church, treasurer of the Newaygo Co. Republican Party, member and volunteer for various conservation groups, scholarship committee volunteer, and participant in numerous mission trips to Central America. Scott has also served as treasurer of numerous organizations, and is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association.