Rep. Huizenga will be available at the following times and locations:
- Friday, August 9 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at Herman’s Boy, 220 Northland Drive NE in Jackson
- Saturday, August 10 from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. at Big Boy, 13961 White Creek Ave. NE in Cedar Springs
- Saturday, August 17 from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. at Biggby Coffee, 275 South State St. in Sparta
- Saturday, August 17 from 10:15 to 11:45 a.m. at Wildroast Coffee Co., 4035 Chicago Drive SW in Grandville
- Friday, August 23 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at Peppermill Grill, 4511 Lake Michigan Drive NW in Walker
State Rep. Mark Huizenga was first elected to serve the 74th District in the Michigan House of Representatives in November 2018. The 74th District encompasses the cities of Walker, Grandville, Rockford and Cedar Springs, as well as Solon, Tyrone, Sparta, Algoma and Alpine townships.
Rep. Huizenga serves on the House Appropriations Committee, where he is chair of the General Government subcommittee. He is also a member on the Health & Human Services, Higher Education & Community Colleges, and School Aid & Department of Education subcommittees.
Huizenga has a Bachelor of Arts degree in business administration from Calvin College and a master’s degree in management from Aquinas College.
Mark owns a consulting firm and has over 15 years of management consulting expertise; his firm provides services all across the United States. He’s previously held senior management roles with Spectrum Health, Health Development International, ProCare Systems as well as other health care organizations. Mark has also served as an adjunct instructor at Grand Valley State University.
PUBLIC OFFICES AND AFFILIATIONS
Huizenga has been involved in the city of Walker in varying capacities from serving on the Planning Commission from (2005-2011), as City Commissioner to the 2nd Ward (2011-2013), and as Mayor (2013-2018).
Mark and his wife Kris have three children Elaina (21), Olivia (20), and Blake (16).