Rep. Andrea Schroeder’s plan giving local governments more flexibility to prioritize their road repair schedules has been signed into Michigan law by Gov. Whitmer.
House Bill 4966 is part of a legislative package allowing counties, cities and villages to focus more attention on fixing the community roads residents travel every single day.
Current Michigan law requires local governments to spend 75 percent of their road funding on “primary roads,” leaving just 25 percent for “local roads.” Schroeder’s measure will remove that restriction, giving local governments the ability to prioritize and focus on the roads most in need of repair.
“This legislation allows local governments to fix the roads that people want fixed the most – the ones they drive every day to work, school or the store,” Schroeder said. “Instead of being told how to spend these resources by state government, local governments will have more flexibility to assess their unique needs and make the repairs that make the most sense for their communities.”
Rep. Andrea Schroeder today helped provide final legislative approval to a plan that will help Michigan small businesses and their employees survive financially while also ramping up vaccination efforts against COVID-19. The measure provides $55 million for a small business survival fund to help restaurants and other employers with fewer than 100 workers. The plan […]
It is always important to prioritize mental health – especially right now. The approaching holidays and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic add to the stress and anxiety for us all.