Yesterday, Rep. Frisk introduced a new Pro-Life bill package. The package is listed below:
- HJR C – Joint Resolution to amend the Michigan Constitution to remove the Right to Reproductive Freedom for All (Proposal 3) Amendment from the State Constitution
- HB 4683 – A bill to reinstitute revised 1931 Ban on abortion (with rare exception for life of the mother)
- (Modifies language from ‘procure a miscarriage’ to ‘abortion’)
- HB 4684 – A bill to reinstitute revised ban on sale of prescription abortion pills
- (Modifies language to banning pills strictly for purposes of abortion)
- HB 4685 – A bill to reinstitute the ban advertising for abortion services
- HB 4686 – A bill establishing criminal sentencing guidelines for those who violate the above bills
- Lastly, a SIMPLE RESOLUTION declaring the evidence for life prior to birth and the condemnation of deliberate abortion as murderous!
“While unlikely to pass, this package should serve as a guideline for Republican Pro-Life legislators,” said Rep. Friske. “This Pro-Life model should be the official Republican platform for life, and repealing Proposal 3 and reinstituting Pro-Life laws should be the first and foremost goal of our caucus.”
Rep. Friske was grateful to receive several Republican co-sponsors on the package. Reps. Maddock, Carra, DeSana, Cavitt, Rigas, Fox, & Alexander joined Rep. Friske on all 4 bills, the joint resolution, and simple resolution.
“I’d like to thank my Republican colleagues who were brave enough to stand with me and co-sponsor this legislation,” said Rep. Friske. “I am thankful that we are standing strong together in our fight for life.”
Rep. Friske presented local Northern Michigan hero Pat Rickley with a tribute on Saturday, May 20, after it had been announced that Rickley was retiring after 30 years of service with the Mackinac Bridge Authority. As a toll collector, Pat has been a beloved icon of the bridge for three decades and is well known […]
Rep. Friske is voicing his loud and firm disapproval after Senate Bill 147 passed along a party-line vote on Wednesday afternoon. SB 147, expands Elliot-Larsen protections to elective abortions, mandating that employers and healthcare companies would have to pay for benefited employees to get abortions the same as a medical appointment. “This goes beyond the […]
Rep. Friske is publicly announcing his disapproval over Michigan’s upcoming $81 billion budget for Fiscal Year 2024. Last week, 17 appropriations bills for the budget passed the House on party-line votes. “It’s bad enough that this is the biggest and most expansive budget in Michigan history,” said Rep. Friske. “But House Democrats have also injected […]