District Office Hours
During the upcoming weeks, I will be holding office hours at several locations around our area. I maintain regular hours in each county that is part of the 106th House District. No appointment is necessary.
Friday, June 6
- Millersburg Village Hall, 5525 Main St. in Millersburg, from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Onaway City Hall Court Room, 20774 State St. in Onaway, from 11a.m. to noon
- Cheboygan City Hall Council Chambers, 403 North Huron St. in Cheboygan, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Nunda Township Hall, 12991 S. Straits Hwy. in Wolverine, from 4 to 5 p.m.
Monday, June 9
- Alpena Chamber of Commerce, 235 W. Chisholm St. in Alpena, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.;
- Rogers City Presque Isle District Library Conference Room, 181 East Erie St. in Rogers City, from 3 to 4 p.m.
Monday, June 16
- Gustin Township Hall, 113 2nd St. in Lincoln, from noon to 1 p.m.
- Big Bob’s Restaurant-Pizzeria, 306 S. Washington St. in Hale, from 2 to 3 p.m.
Monday, June 23
- Flour Garden, 105 S. State St. in Harrisville, from 9 to 10 a.m.
- Oscoda Township Board Room, 208 S. State St. in Oscoda, from 11 a.m. to noon
- East Tawas City Hall Council Chambers, 760 Newman St. in East Tawas, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
State Rep. Peter Pettalia of Presque Isle was elected in November 2010 to his first term in the Michigan House to represent the residents of Alpena, Presque Isle, Alcona, and Iosco Counties as well as part of Cheboygan County including the townships of Aloha, Benton, Burt, Ellis, Forest, Grant, Inverness, Mentor, Mullett, Nunda, Walker, Waverly and Wilmot. He was re-elected to a second term for the 2013-14 Michigan Legislature.
Pettalia serves as chair of the House Tourism Committee, and on the committees for Energy and Technology, Financial Services, Local Government, and Transportation and Infrastructure.
He and his partner have successfully operated an auto repair business for 33 years. He also operates a seasonal cabin rental business on Grand Lake, in Northeast Michigan. Pettalia previously served as Presque Isle Township supervisor for 16 years and as a volunteer firefighter for East Grand Lake Fire Department for 15 years. He currently is vice-chairman for the State Park Advisory Board for Negwegon, Rockport and Thompson Harbor State Parks. He was one of the founding members of the Presque Isle County Economic Development Commission and the Community Development Commission.
Pettalia, born in 1955, has been married to Karen and they have two grown children. A resident of Presque Isle Township since 1977, Pettalia is an avid sportsman who supports outdoor recreation. He is a member of the Presque Isle Museum Society, the Alpena Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Alpena Downtown Development Authority. He and his family attend Grand Lake Church in Presque Isle.