State Rep. Triston Cole today said there will be multiple road closures on I-75 during the Mackinac Bridge Walk on Monday, Sep. 4.
For safety and security, the bridge will be closed from 6:30 a.m. to noon.
With the closure of the bridge, north and south entrances and exits along Interstate 75 will be closed during the Bridge Walk. The plan is to minimize the number of travelers stranded on the freeway or in gridlock in Mackinaw City waiting for the bridge to reopen.
“I do want to make sure businesses are aware of the potential influx of travelers into their communities,” said Rep. Cole, of Mancelona. “There will be an increase in volume of travelers. Communities also need to be prepared for these road closings.”
A complete closure at I-75 northbound Exit 282 in Gaylord is from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Traffic will be directed off the exit where travelers can get food, water and gas for the duration of the bridge closure. A closure of the northbound entrance ramp 282 from M-32 in Gaylord is from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Other closures on I-75 include:
· A complete closure at Exit 310 northbound in Indian River from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Traffic will be directed off the exit where travelers can get food, gas and water.
· Northbound entrance ramp 326 from Levering Road from 10 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
· Northbound entrance ramp 322 from Riggsville Road from 9:50 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
· Northbound entrance ramp 313 from Old US-27 in Topinabee from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
· Northbound entrance ramp 310 from M-69 in Indian River from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
· Northbound entrance ramp 301 from Wolverine Road from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
· Northbound entrance ramp 290 from Old Mill Street from 9:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Gaylord State Police Post Commander, 1st Lt. Mark Harris has been communicating with local businesses and community leaders about the traffic plans.