If Michiganders need another reason to enjoy the wonders the Great Lake state has to offer, July is ‘Parks and Recreation’ month as designated by the National Recreation and Parks Association. The month encourages children and adults to spend more time outside because nearly three in ten adults don’t spend any time outside daily according to a survey conducted by the National Recreation and Parks Association.
We hope this isn’t true in Michigan; our state offers far too many great outdoor activities to not take time to enjoy some fresh air! In fact, here are some reasons to check out Michigan’s outdoor gems:
- The Macomb Orchard Trail was named “trail of the month” in July by Rails to Trails National
- Michigan is home to more than 115 lighthouses, the most of any other state
- Being the Great Lakes state, we have amazing beaches to visit
- Miles of scenic trails to hike or bike
- Michigan’s trails are now a part of the international Pure Michigan campaign thanks to recent legislation
Pack up your sunblock, some trail snacks, your friends and family to enjoy the outdoor wonders Michigan has to offer. Looking for some more ideas? Check out what some of our state representatives like best about Michigan summers.